* the colonial boundaries created by Britain grouped together a number of ethnic groups with different cultures and political systems.. namely the Baganda, Banyakole, Basoga, Lakiga, Ites, Langi, Acholi, Bagisu, Lagbara, Bunyoro, and others..
* flooding in Spring 2010, 2011 and 2012 caused massive mudslides killing hundreds and displacing thousands
* located just north of the equator, daylight and darkness are about equal every day, and the climate is tropical, generally rainy with two dry seasons usually from December to February, and June to August.
* the total area of Uganda is 241K square kilometers (British Columbia in Canada is 945K) and it is the 81st largest country in the world.
* population estimated over 38M (2015)
* 1 in 12 persons is an orphan;
* average life expectancy – 53 years ( ranked 204th in the world )
* 50% of the population are children, aged 16 and under;
* prevalence of HIV = 6.5% ( 10th in the world ); people living with HIV/AIDS = 1.2M (8th in the world)
* more than 50% live on less than $1 per day;
* 97% use firewood;
* Less than 10% have access to electricity and less than 4.5% have TV;
* 88% live in rural areas and the average household is 4.7% persons;
* English is the official language with a significant number of local and swahili dialects spoken;
* 49% rely on word of mouth as main source of information;
* Bwindi Park in southwest Uganda supports half of the world population of 600 mountain gorillas;
* gained independence from British rule in 1962 remaining a part of the Commonwealth and as such is said to promote democracy, human rights, good governance, rule of the law, individual liberty, egalitarianism, free trade, multilateralism, and world peace;